According to Angela (and others), The Liebster award is given to blogs on the rise. Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, dearest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcomed.
5 Random Things About Me:1. I can sing the entire French national anthem, yet if you ask me to list five French words really fast I could probably only come up with four (bonjour, frommage, oui, au revoir....er.... la biblioteque!!). Ok, I did it, five words.
3. One of the dumbest things I've ever done is have a plumber to our house to fix a clogged bath tub only for him to "fix" it by flipping up the drain handle. Seriously. So serious. Not even kidding.
4. I call the TV remote a "Channel Changer"
5. I know how to juggle.
Ok, that only took me an hour!
Five Nominees:1. The House at Bluebird Lane -- Check out this star-spangled-tastic dresser she did!
2. 49 Dresses -- She always finds the cutest clothes at the thrift store and sometimes refashions them into something even cuter. Like this shirt-to-skirt.
3. UpCountry Olio -- Love this blog! Lynn is such a funny writer and it's so fun to see the amazing transformations she and her husband make to their 1902 farmhouse. You have to see the before/afters of their Butler's Pantry!
4. Grey Lane Home -- Wow, this girl knows how to re-do some furniture! And she has the cutest baby ever.
5. Lil Hoot -- I don't know how many followers she has, but it's probably 200 x 1 thousand. She is totes hilarious and her blog always makes me LOL.
Congratulations ladies!! For those of you nominated. If you're interested in passing the Liebster torch to others, here's what ya do:
1. Post about the the nomination on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. List 5 random things about yourself
4. Present the Liebster award to five bloggers on the rise (with less than 200 followers) who you think deserves to be recognized, then let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.